Due to the University of Wisconsin–Madison’s decision to suspend in-person courses, workshops, and conferences for summer term because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Madison Early Music Festival Workshop and Concert Series has been postponed until July 10-17, 2021. This extraordinary situation has affected all of us and we will miss seeing you this summer. Updates will be posted on our website as they are available.
For more detailed information on the Madison Early Music Festival (MEMF) please visit the About page. For more information on workshop registration fees and scholarship and internship opportunities, please visit our Registration page. For further questions, please contact email@example.com.
- Location – MEMF takes place at the UW–Madison Mead Witter School of Music, with performances in Mills Concert Hall in the Mosse Humanities Building at 455 N. Park Street.
- Transportation – Madison is served by the Dane County Regional Airport and most major airlines. By car, Madison is approximately 70 minutes from Milwaukee’s General Mitchell International Airport and 2.5 hours from the Chicago O’Hare International Airport. Badger Bus provides service from the Milwaukee airport and Van Galder/Coach USA provides service from Chicago. Both buses stop on the UW–Madison campus.
- Housing – Once you’ve registered, participants can sign up for housing through the University of Wisconsin–Madison Housing website. Campus housing is available in Ogg Hall, a renovated dormitory facility one block from the workshop site. Single rooms are approximately $65 per person per night, and double rooms are approximately $45 per person per night (includes breakfast).
- Parking – A campus parking permit ($15/day) may be purchased after you register for the workshop.
- Accommodations – If you have a disability and desire accommodations, please advise us in advance. Requests are confidential. This program is offered by UW–Madison’s McBurney Disability Resource Center.
- Scholarship and Work Study Opportunities – Applications for the MEMF Work Study and the Jean Humphrey Award are now closed.
- Class Descriptions – Class descriptions will be available at a later date. Once registered, you will receive a follow up email with a Class Preference Survey along with additional information you’ll need as a MEMF participant.